76 hour Big E trip July 3-6

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by Bellyups, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Deep Blue Gulf and I will be on this trip. We would love to see more people from this board join us. I thought I would post to see if anyone else in interested. The boat leaves from Freeport, which is about 50 minutes south of Houston. Targeted species will be YFT, AJs, Red snapper, grouper, and anything big that swims. This is usually a good time to go. Seas are usually 2-3 at this time of the year as it is after the spring winds and before hurricane season. Night time YFT and BFT bite, daytime bottom fishing. This is an oppportunity to fish areas seldom fished.

For more information, check out http://www.underwaterexpeditions.com/fishing.html

2. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

9 bills?
    OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE:(

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

See you guys on the boat.

4. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

9 bills?
    OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE:(

Yeah, I know, that is pretty pricey and I waited a long time before I committed. My last 2 trips were cancelled due to weather, so I have some trip money to spend. It is a lot of time to fish, the red snapper season is open, the grouper should be abundant, YFT are usually on the surface, and with this much time, there is no reason we shouldn't be able to find fish. I would be shocked if we aren't put on a very good bite. I am going to attach all my poppers with cheap assist hooks so I can catch and release easily if the bite is hot. You have a shot at huge grouper and snapper on this trip. It is also a new moon--traditionally a better time for surface YFT IMO.

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

See you guys on the boat.

And I didn't want to mention Ksong is on the boat unless he posted. I have wanted to meet and fish with him.

6. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Does anybody know how many are on? I'll check my calendar on the dates.

Fred

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

ill be in PA visiting people since my birthday is during that time. hopefully i'll still be fishing :)

8. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I just checked and I'll be off weekends. I'll be calling tomorrow for a spot. Bellyups, you're right, it sounds like a good time to go and spend some time in the Gulf.

Fred

9. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

only 2 monster snapps:D

10. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

I'm aready in. I think Sammi from anglers pro shop is coming....

11. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Scott....

I posted on this last night right after you put it up but for some reason my post didn't stick. Chris (blue dude) and I have been talking about this and will probably go.

Does anyone know how many spots are filled and how many are left?

Where's the Dallas guys?

You get to keep 2-days limits on this trip .... 4 snapps, 2 AJ, etc.

12. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I just called and signed up. I was number 7.

Fred

13. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Number 7 ??? Yikes is that all? Fred, did they say how much the deposit was and when it had to be there?

Besides Fred are there any others here that have called and signed up?

B

14. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

I called while Fred, and Chris were on the line, I'm number 9!. Deposit was $200, the rest due about 30 days before the trip goes.

I asked what the minimum # to make the trip is, and they said they usually need 20 people, but they expect this trip to be way more than that number. They expect to go regardless of the number of anglers.

Also asked, and Capt. Frank, Josh, and a couple of the good deckhands are still with them, so it will be a good crew.

We need to get the DFW guys on board too! 360Tuna Guys - Minnow, Ragman, TxSeadog, McGolfer, Bret, come fish with us!

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

15. bluedude

bluedude Senior Member

With Kil, Fathom and Tom aboard there should be some fish caught. Come on, Bobby, should be fun. Being a 76 hour trip, maybe someone could interest a few of the attractive fisherwomen that were on what was to be the Big E farewell trip last year. It's always nice to have some ladies on board, as long as they don't outfish you.

16. Sea Crappie

Sea Crappie Senior Member

Sea Crappie is booked as Number 10

17. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

The ball is rolling!! Jason and Amy? There is still room for you.

18. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Man, so far the crew is great!! I am really looking forward to this trip!

19. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Let me do a little checking out. My wife always makes a big deal about going to Port A over the 4th. I think I meet her at Tortuga Flats that weekend and the date is impregnated in her head.:confused: It might have been Labor Day.:confused: I can't remember.:confused: Women have these weird things about dates embedded into their brains. Hell, I have look at her drivers license to find out her birthday.:D Thank God, her father usually calls to remind me. I know what month I got married, but I don't remember the date.:eek:

I do know she and four of her girlfriends are going to Paris for 10 days. I think she told me it might interfere with the 4th. I guess I need to pay more attention.:eek:

If she does go to Europe that weekend, I'll join you guys. I might buy two spots and bring a fishing caddy to haul my tackle and mix me drinks.:D

20. awesum

awesum Senior Member

I'm in .... I guess i'm number 11.

Now we need ....

A fiberglass boat builder

A couple of tackle salesmen

A duffer

A guy with a big head

A barracuda king

A preacher

A hard licker

An airplane mechanic