360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished out of Hatteras this past weekend and good friend JC (asian FHB) was using a Penn 750ss and she held up fine. I'm thinking about getting a Slammer 760 based on my experience with my Penn Live Liner 460. I find those reels are awesome and should out perform the ss.

What do you think.

Additionally it seemed as if one could get a better/faster rhythm with the spinning reel.

·
27 Posts
Fished out of Hatteras this past weekend and good friend JC (asian FHB) was using a Penn 750ss and she held up fine. I'm thinking about getting a Slammer 760 based on my experience with my Penn Live Liner 460. I find those reels are awesome and should out perform the ss.

What do you think.

Additionally it seemed as if one could get a better/faster rhythm with the spinning reel.

I would go with 760 slammers. I have 1 760 slammer and 1 760 Live Liner also. Both are still going strong after dozens of times being used. :)

·
1,448 Posts
slammers. the new ones had a drag surface on both sides of the spool for smooth drag. if i didnt love my cabos id have a slammer.

·
1,086 Posts
I am an old Penn spinner guy as posted before. But I do not own many of these Slammers. Maybe 2

I would like to ask you to post photos of the reel and the fish you caught .
As it has been slow on this board with reports with Penn reels.

This so far is a non Stella thread:)

Thanks in advance

kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts