750ss or Slammer 760?

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by Chumlord, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Chumlord

Chumlord Member

Fished out of Hatteras this past weekend and good friend JC (asian FHB) was using a Penn 750ss and she held up fine. I'm thinking about getting a Slammer 760 based on my experience with my Penn Live Liner 460. I find those reels are awesome and should out perform the ss.

What do you think.

Additionally it seemed as if one could get a better/faster rhythm with the spinning reel.

2. flyerphan13

flyerphan13 Junior member

Fished out of Hatteras this past weekend and good friend JC (asian FHB) was using a Penn 750ss and she held up fine. I'm thinking about getting a Slammer 760 based on my experience with my Penn Live Liner 460. I find those reels are awesome and should out perform the ss.

What do you think.

Additionally it seemed as if one could get a better/faster rhythm with the spinning reel.

I would go with 760 slammers. I have 1 760 slammer and 1 760 Live Liner also. Both are still going strong after dozens of times being used. :)

3. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

slammers. the new ones had a drag surface on both sides of the spool for smooth drag. if i didnt love my cabos id have a slammer.

4. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

I am an old Penn spinner guy as posted before. But I do not own many of these Slammers. Maybe 2

I would like to ask you to post photos of the reel and the fish you caught .
    As it has been slow on this board with reports with Penn reels.

This so far is a non Stella thread:)

Thanks in advance

kev