7/19 Cape Cod BFT-Purely EPIC

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by cbaker77, Jul 22, 2009.

1. cbaker77

cbaker77 Site Sponsor

All I can say is WOW! I cant even give a detailed report because it was non stop all day. There was no time for detail. We had too many bites/hookups/blowups to even keep track of and landed 2 fish and busted off or pulled hooks on at least 4 more fish. The last fish of the day was an absolute demon. Never got a good look at the fish but the explosion when it ate was the size of a full sized pick up truck. We fought the fish for a little over an hour and when it finally sounded it wouldnt move and we eventually busted the it off. The greatest part about that fish is that it busted a reel so I took half the line off another reel, cut the line the fish was on, and spliced the two together and it actually worked! We fought the fish for another half hour before the line broke. It was an insane day like something out of national geographic or blue planet only better because we were there! Congrats to Adrian and Dave for an incredible day. Also wanted to thank Capt. Rich from black rose for the phone call on where the fish were.

Attached Files:

2. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

great pics.
    that looks like a ton of fun.

3. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

nice job chip thats really a great report :D

4. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

great job chip!

5. Anuvat

Anuvat Senior Member

That was truly an epic day. Great job guys.

6. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Hey Chip,
    It was good talking yesterday. We never did find any tuna anywhere although we did do a lot of looking all day. Did you ever find any fish??? I just could not stay around any longer so we bagged out at 3:00 pm. for the long ride home. May have been fish way up in the bay from some rumors I have heard but that is a long way to go to find nothing. Beautiful day though and that is tuna hunting.

7. cbaker77

cbaker77 Site Sponsor

Yeah it was a bit slow yesterday so I quit about the same time. Youre right though that would be a lot of driving banking on a rumor. Hard to complain with weather like that though. At least we were on the water.

8. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Yeah it was a bit slow yesterday so I quit about the same time. Youre right though that would be a lot of driving banking on a rumor. Hard to complain with weather like that though. At least we were on the water.

Any day on the water like that is a good one for sure. We will get em' next time.

9. Dude-

Dude- Junior member

Congrats Chip. Amazing pics.

10. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Chip: I don't think I could tie a Uni to uni knot under that pressure !! Incredible. I was with AlbiemanMike yesterday and it was nice chatting with you. Beautiful day on the water. Hope to see you zipping along in your Contender again soon.

John