6500 saltiga spool capacity

Discussion in 'Tackle and Rigging' started by saqa, Oct 14, 2009.

1. saqa

saqa Jonny TooBad

Hi fellas
    I am trying to work out what to run on on a reel I am shortly getting. I am looking at running a PE10 diameter or at least 100lb line rating. For those that have loaded these spools with such lines, I would appreciate finding out what loads you are getting with which lines

Lines I am considering are

PE8 avani tuan............300m
    PE10 avani tuna
    PE10 avani gt
    100lb jerry brown
    100lb jerry brown hollow
    100lb tuffline xp.............300 yards
    PE10 sunline jigger8

Any others you can recomend?

Thanks in advance

2. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

I managed to get exactly 300m of PE-8 100lb Avani Tuna on my DogFight 6500. Daiwa Boat Braid 100lb would be great as well.

3. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

300 yds of 100 lb tuf line xp fits perfectly on my 6500 expedition.

4. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

I got one of my favorite type of emails today, it was a UPS confirmation email that my Dogfights finally are in transit! Even better I was able to get a spare spool with each one ;)

Does anyone here fish the all black model with the 6500 std spool ?

What did you spool it with ?

I'd really like to get a full 300 yards on her but I don't want to go with a very 'flimsy' braid rather I was thinking of going with the Tuff Line XP #80 Indicator - its round/coated but also a larger diameter than its Japanese competition. The rod I will be fishing it on is a custom Smith 8'2 that is rated about #20 or more I believe.

Once its spooled, I made arrangements to ship the reel to Roger @ Streamline Leaders to have it professionally setup with a splice to hollow core then a woven loop - so both spools will be wind on ready.

5. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

the tuff line 80 and 100lb are really close in diameter. 300+ yds