360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

60 hr Dolphin report

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  TeamOso 
#1 ·
I didn't make the trip. it was full and I was on standby. I went down and checked this morning and they had a good trip. They hung 10 yft in the 40# to 70# range. They had 2 nice dolphin and a bunch of bft. I didn't talk to anyone but at least the yellowfin are showing up.

#7 ·
I was on this trip also. I'm out of town but they left a message on my phone. When I get home I'll talk to them about the reasons they cancelled. All the boats are full this time of year so I imagine a large group on the trip cancelled and they didn't want to risk running a short trip. This time of year I think they make more money on the short trips. Deep Sea doesn't do any long trips during snapper season for that reason.

#8 ·
I was on this trip also. I'm out of town but they left a message on my phone. When I get home I'll talk to them about the reasons they cancelled. All the boats are full this time of year so I imagine a large group on the trip cancelled and they didn't want to risk running a short trip. This time of year I think they make more money on the short trips. Deep Sea doesn't do any long trips during snapper season for that reason.

Yeah, I talked to a friend of mine that works there and I suspect they had a group that cancelled on them. Also there might be the possibility that Tommy mentioned but he's not sharing with me.

But to simply cancel a trip nearly three weeks prior and say "lack of interest" is unheard of. Sorry to hear about your trip. I'd be pithed.

This is fishy.....no pun intended.

And you're right. Greg has told me dozens of times they can make more money taking folks out to catch snapper, sharks and kings on 5 and 8 hour trips than they can make by doing long range trips. There is speculation that they may start doing the 48's sooner this year because the snapper season ends sooner but at this point it's just that ..... speculation.

#9 ·
Looks like Ill be going on a capt johns 36hr this year, i was lookin forward to it, i thot my gramps was lying wen he called to tell me it was cancelled. i think its just like an airline if its not full they just cancel it and lay you over for a flight to fill up..

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.