52 hour (two night) Capt Tomeny Charter ?

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by ksong, May 13, 2008.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I'd like to know how many guys are interested in 52 hour (two night) chater with Capt Steve Tomoney in late May.
    I was thinking about going on the Big E a couple of time in June, but I like to fish with Capt Tomoney after reading successful fishing report. I thought it might be a little early yft to show up around rigs off LA, but they are there already.

I just talked with Capt Steve Tomeny. The 52 hour(two night) trip is $9500 excluding tip upto 12 guys. If I have at least 8 guys, I'd like to arrange the trip.

I feel one night fishing is a little risky and I like to fish two nights.
    The problems is I can not get dates to fish two nights in June.
    The only dates available for two night fishing is From May 25 - May 30.
    I have about 4 - 5 guys now.

2. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Kil,

I would love to go on that trip, but fortunately or unfortunately, I just committed to spend my birthday (May 25) with my wife and mother and to go out of town the next weekend. Otherwise....

Russ

3. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

I could do first week of june.. probably 2 people..

4. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

Yf are virtually always at the rigs in louisiana and I now have a boat that can make multiple day trips for up to 6 people.

5. gmack

gmack Senior Member

Yf are virtually always at the rigs in louisiana and I now have a boat that can make multiple day trips for up to 6 people.

Kil,

CatpEddie is correct. There are ALWAYS yellowfin at the "floaters". Doesn't always mean they are willing to bite, but they are always there. I would love to go, but a little too much money for me right now.

Gary

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Kil I would be on it right away if I didn't have a wedding to attend. It would of been awesome to fish with you.

7. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Eddie, Could you give some more details about the boat and PM me with a price.

8. Eddie, Me too.

Kil, do you have a good web address for Tomney? The one I found only show 2007 schedule.

Phantom Fisherman

9. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

Its a 34 baha catmaran
    [​IMG]

The trip prices are customized to how long the trip is. I will do up to 48 hour trips though.

10. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

Congrats on the new sled eddie. Hows the fuel burn?

sorry for the hijack kil.

11. CaptEddie

CaptEddie Site Sponsor

bout 1.25 mpg. My friend who owns it just put new cummins in it so she is good to go for the summer.

12. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

is that lady in it your deckhand??? :) excellent news Eddie! cant wait to get back into it in a couple years! you will get sick of me! :)

13. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

is that lady in it your deckhand??? :) excellent news Eddie! cant wait to get back into it in a couple years! you will get sick of me! :)
    i've got a new deckhand as well.................

14. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

i've got a new deckhand as well.................

you dirty tease!!! wheres the pics!:D

15. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I talked with Capt Steve Tomeny this morning who was on the way to the dock from 30 hr tuna trip. They had 12 nice yellowfin and stop fishing by 3:30 am as they had enough and headed home.
    He said poppers worked, but cheap Halco Trembler lures worked as well by casting and retrieving very fast.

As many guys made plan during Merorial Days, I don't think I can get enough guys for the trip in May. I'll check whether I can get two nights in June during weekdays.

16. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I talked again with Capt. Steve and was told there is no two nights available until June 15 as many guys charter the boat for red snapper as the season is slated to June 1st. As I plan to go to Kodiak Island for halibut and king salmon jigging from mid June and I booked the BIg E in early July, I don't think I have dates available to charter the boat. Instead I decided to go on the Big E in late May or early June.

17. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

which weekend are you going on the big e?

18. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

which weekend are you going on the big e?
    I haven't decided yet, but I might call them after watching weather forecast even the airfare cost more.