50 cal 1911: WOOOOOOOEEEEEE! I want one!

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Snagged, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

50 cal 1911: WOOOOOOOEEEEEE! I want one!

We aren't stuck with 45's any more. Lordy, a 1911 .50 that shoots 275 and 300 gr slugs.
    This is definitely for a higher tax bracket but I like it anyway. Even better than the 1911 .45 Grizzly
    of 20 years ago.

Guncrafter Industries : 50GI Model No.1

2. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

There was a good write-up on this in G&A about five years ago.

3. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Jerry: Just what you need you old Dog! :) A .45 ACP won't blow a big enough hole coming out the back side of a bad guy! And what is 3 grand among friends, anyway? :) I have a 13-ounce Scandium framed .357 with a 1 3/8 inch barrel--and I don't even have the guts to touch off a full-bore round in that weapon. With that .50 cal, if I shot a full magazine, I think I would save the last round for myself.

Mercy.

Russ

4. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Russ,
    My 5 foot 3 inch blond daughter shoots a model 29 4inch 44 magnum and loves it. It's a family thing we like caliber and also like to make sure as ammunition is cheaper than people.

Here's a conversion for Fred.
    Guncrafter Industries : Specials

5. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

I think I would have to sell every pieces of fishing equipment I own to afford this gun.

6. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Thankfully they left the forward serrations off the slide.

7. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I few years ago I had John Linebaugh build me one of his custom 50's on a Ruger Bisley frame. It shot 440 grain bullets out of a 5 1/2" barrel at around 1300 fps. No compensator or optics. I sold it last year hoping that someone else might find some fun i it. It would split the web of my hand between the thumb and forefinger in about 5 rounds. I still have a Freedom Arms that I've hunted with a lot in case I feel the need to abuse myself. Heavy recoilling handguns will rearrange the bones in your hand if you shoot them enough.

Fred

8. Boonebird

Boonebird Member

a box of shells will cost more than the gun. When smith came out with the 500. I asked my unckle what the ammo runs. 3.27 a shell cost. Thats his cost. LOL