5-29-08 fishing trip

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by fishologist, Jun 5, 2008.

1. fishologist

fishologist Member

planing on buddy boating and going deep but the wind that has been so prevelant this year showed up so we made it out 60 miles through some sloppy seas to try out some new mc saltwater tackle leaders. one is a 300 lb reefdonky leader and a 400 lb tequila shot leader( a 400 lb wire grouper leader for fishing the bases of oil rigs) we ended the day wore out and we caught about a dozen aj's all releases but three and 2 big ole lemon sharks ( caught on monofilament aj rigs) one mai mai and a big mangrove. man the wind has got to lay down eventualy
    chad
    INDEX

Attached Files:

• 1234.JPG
      1234.JPG
      File size:
      111.6 KB
      Views:
    • 123.JPG
      123.JPG
      File size:
      116.2 KB
      Views:
    • 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      133.1 KB
      Views:
    • 12.JPG
      12.JPG
      File size:
      132.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Atlantaking

Atlantaking Member

Nice. Hey, do those reef donkeys down there have worms in the meat? The one I killed last weekend had like 5 or 6, with one of the worms in the shoulder (where it is said there are no worms... :eek:) It was fairly tasty, but I don't think I can cut worms out of the meat anymore; I'm putting them all back next time (didn't want to keep this one, but the mate on the party boat gaffed it after I requested a lip gaff :mad:)!

3. fishologist

fishologist Member

havent seen any, aj is one of my favorite eating fish i have a pistachio encrusted tequila glazed aj recipe that is the bomb

4. bulllred

bulllred Senior Member

Good report Chad.

An