360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a trip to floaters this weekend there is a 10 person minimum for this trip we only have 8 fished with this guy's in November had a grate trip crew & cap ton work very hard to find and catch fish the cost is $450.00-$480.00 depending on fuel. 48 hours GULF EAGLE PORT ARANSAS TEXAS, 361-749-5597.:D :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GULF EAGLE just called the trip has been shortened to 20 hours do to weather reports new cost is $220-240 new time is 2pm on Friday the 16th-10am on saturday the 17th sorry

·
116 Posts
I cant believe the trip is not completely booked. the conditions are just perfect.

This may well turn out to be one of those epic trips you hear about, you know the kind that only happen like every 9 years or so, depending on el niño or la niña, what ever year it falls on.

Rumor has it there will be a goody basket donated by a certain local shop.

·
418 Posts
Will the tackle shop hand out sea sick meds.

NW GULF N OF 25N W OF 90W
INCLUDING FLOWER GARDEN BANKS NATIONAL MARINE SANCTUARY
330 PM CST WED FEB 14 2007

TONIGHT
S OF 27N N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 7 TO 10 FT.
N OF 27N N TO NE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT.

THU AND THU NIGHT
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT...HIGHEST S OF 27N.
SEAS 7 TO 11 FT...HIGHEST S.

FRI AND FRI NIGHT
N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT BECOMING VARIABLE 10 KT
FRI NIGHT. SEAS 5 TO 8 FT DECREASING TO 3 TO 5 FT FRI NIGHT.

SAT
S TO SW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT BECOMING NW 20 TO 30 KT BEHIND
FRONT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT BUILDING TO 5 TO 8 FT BEHIND FRONT.

SUN
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT DIMINISHING TO NE WINDS 15 KT LATE.
SEAS 7 TO 11 FT SUBSIDING TO 5 TO 8 FT LATE.

·
116 Posts
Jared,

I asked, they said, dont worry about, weather changes all the time.

But do eat lots of colorful food.

If you do get seasick. at least it will be entertaining.;)

·
418 Posts
i wont be on this beeliner trip. if only 20 hours i would cancel and book next time.

I have never chummed in my life, that being said i will prob spew the next time out just because i said that.

·
663 Posts
Great pic Gunsmoke!! I'll be using that one for some choice friends that are a PITA!!

If the trip is only 20 hours, that won't get you to the floaters, I think it is a 9-hr ride one way. Anyone remember what it takes to get out there on the DSH boats?

Tom - DBG

·
2,835 Posts
Great pic Gunsmoke!! I'll be using that one for some choice friends that are a PITA!!

Tom - DBG

This pic might be more approiate for your PITA friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wont be on this beeliner trip. if only 20 hours i would cancel and book next time.

I have never chummed in my life, that being said i will prob spew the next time out just because i said that.

sorry, JARED we didn't have time to catch any BEELINERS maybe next time:p

ps. IF YOU DONT GO YOU ,YOU WONT CATCH:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
116 Posts
Gonna try a new "beeliner" recipe today:

marinate fish w/fresh lemon juice, olive oil and seasonings for 30 minutes or so
seasonings - tony chachere, garlic powder, dry or finely chopped parsley, fresh ground pepper

Heat a little olive oil in a skillet (one that can go into the oven) on medium high heat, sear fish to slightly blackened, turn over and pour marinated juices over fish and pop into a 375 oven for about 10 - 15 minutes until flakey...don't over cook or it will be too dry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts