360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well folks, I’ve had this trip in the planning stage for a few months now, and Fisherman’s Wharf has
approved my trip!! Now only 7 spots need to be filled, and they should fill fast. This trip will remain private.
This one will go a little different than previous stuff, here’s the particulars:
* Trip cost is $640.00 per angler, with 50% deposit due to me by 12/15/2021, and final payment due to me by 01/15/2022. Payment can be paper or electronic(via Paypal Friends-Family). Email me for a mailing address. We already have a standby list if you choose that angle. You are responsible for selling your own spot should the need arise. contact me here via PM with any questions.
  • This is a 40 hour PRIVATE CHARTER to the Flower Garden Banks, with departure at 6pm Friday evening, and an estimated return time of around 10 am on Sunday morning.
  • This is a Wahoo-centric trip, with trolling to be the main method. 5 to 7 angler rotating teams will be implemented in order to provide all anglers with prime wahoo fishing time. In order to keep this rotation consistent, I am limiting angler load to 25. Once deposit is paid, we can develop “teams” and draw lots for rotation order. There’s a bunch of other stuff to be considered on this topic, but we can do that later.
  • There will obviously be some great bottom fishing opportunities at most points during the trip, (should the wahoo fishing suck, or be so outstanding we’re tired of catching them) and 2 day limits will be applicable, so plan for that.
Other than that, this will be just like all our other tuna charters, so we’ll have a food volunteer list, etc.

I don’t think we need to reserve bunks, but I know there are some special considerations in that regard, so if y’all think this is necessary just LMK.

I’m looking forward to bent rods, bloody decks and a great time with everyone!

Lets make this first trip one to remember!

Tight lines!

Brian Nesbit

·
788 Posts
Well folks, I’ve had this trip in the planning stage for a few months now, and Fisherman’s Wharf has
approved my trip!! 13 spots need to be filled, and they should fill fast. This trip will remain private.
This one will go a little different than previous stuff, here’s the particulars:
* Trip cost is $640.00 per angler, with 50% deposit due to me by 12/15/2021, and final payment due to me by 01/15/2022. Payment can be paper or electronic(via Paypal Friends-Family). Email me for a mailing address. We already have a standby list if you choose that angle. You are responsible for selling your own spot should the need arise. contact me here via PM with any questions.
  • This is a 40 hour PRIVATE CHARTER to the Flower Garden Banks, with departure at 6pm Friday evening, and an estimated return time of around 10 am on Sunday morning.
  • This is a Wahoo-centric trip, with trolling to be the main method. 5 to 7 angler rotating teams will be implemented in order to provide all anglers with prime wahoo fishing time. In order to keep this rotation consistent, I am limiting angler load to 25. Once deposit is paid, we can develop “teams” and draw lots for rotation order. There’s a bunch of other stuff to be considered on this topic, but we can do that later.
  • There will obviously be some great bottom fishing opportunities at most points during the trip, (should the wahoo fishing suck, or be so outstanding we’re tired of catching them) and 2 day limits will be applicable, so plan for that.
Other than that, this will be just like all our other tuna charters, so we’ll have a food volunteer list, etc.

I don’t think we need to reserve bunks, but I know there are some special considerations in that regard, so if y’all think this is necessary just LMK.

I’m looking forward to bent rods, bloody decks and a great time with everyone!

Lets make this first trip one to remember!

Tight lines!

Brian Nesbit
sending PM

·
Registered
123 Posts
It’s 200 miles from Port A to the banks, so doesn’t really seem like deep water tuna fishing is in the cards for a trip of this length if you want to spend any considerable time up on the shelf.

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
anyone have any photos of this boat actually putting fish on the boat?
Not sure I understand your question. are you familiar with the Scat Cat?
Is this like a usual thing or something that they are still learning about.
This is not a usual trip for the Scat Cat. trip should take 11-12 hrs to get to the Gardens from Port A.
The crew is highly trained and experienced and above-the-bar performance is typical.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If given the opportunity I would strongly encourage a longer trip as wahoo are notorious for going crazy one day and not touching anything the other. is there a possibility for a longer duration trip ?

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK so here's an update for everyone. For those new to the game this trip is a crap-shoot, period.
It's an exploratory charter. Wahoo fishing is typically boom or bust, especially when you target them.
That said, everyone knows going in that wahoo could be a bust. You need to understand that reports and local intel are gonna drive this trip. Meaning: this trip is charted for the Gardens but if intel and the bite proves otherwise, we may not get to the Gardens. 95% of our travel to/from port will occur at night. This places us in prime locations at 1st light.
Not really gonna be a lot of night time fishing opportunity. if there is, I'm certain the crew will capitalize on it. Be ready to fit the bite. you can safely count on about 12 hrs solid fishing time. It could be more if seas are light.
For those of you familiar with the boat/crew/SOP, chill and enjoy bring the grub everyone loves and lets make it work!
get your deposits in, clear the time from work, and start getting your gear ready!
We will most likely be working the troll with the boat's gear, which is more than up to the task and fun to fish with.
If you absolutely NEED to have a heavy troll rig on standby, then bring it but let's not over-tackle this trip, it just pisses off the deckhands. LoL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts