360tuna

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by thenewkid, Apr 3, 2009.

1. thenewkid

thenewkid Senior Member

while browsing the site last night, and reading up on all the info i could wrap my head around,I thought i might as well express my feeling on this great site. I wanted to say a few things. I want to thank those of you who made this site for our enjoyment and to further our education of fishing thru real life experiences from forum members. I love knowing that I can come here with questions and people are more than happy to help in any way they can. It gives a faint flicker of hope that there are decent people left in this decaying world. Ive had people ive never spoken to before loan me ( a broke 19yr old in CT) a reel for an upcomin trip without a second thought. Things like that Are really appreciated. I love the unbiased opinion of most if not all of you. That tell it how it is aspect helps. Theres no sponsers pressuring the use of one specific manufacturer. People on this site are most important fishermen (and woman). If you use a product and like it, then thats whats said, if its not very good then thats said. So thanks to everyone for making this a priceless wealth of information. I can only hope to fish with some of you in the future. till then tight lines (and knots) :p

Tony Nicoletti

2. Uncle Russ

Uncle Russ Senior Member

Tony: I could not have said it better. I have used forums on the internet for: canoe racing, shotgunning, long-range rifle shooting, ultra-light backpacking, home defense, and a couple of others. And generally, I have found folks in all of these areas to be cooperative and helpful.

But nowhere, and I mean nowhere, have I encountered a community of people sharing a common interest in a subject who are more cheerful and effective in sharing their knowledge.

And never have I encountered a group of administrators who run their site in the professional manner that I have encountered here.

I first came to this site nearly two years ago because I had bought a single-speed Accurate 665 and an Ugly Stick and was going to do a little offshore fishing--just so long as I could still see land. :D

And not to say that I am in any way an expert, but solely by picking the experts' brains on this web site, and bringing up subject after subject, I was educated by some of the best, most knowledgeable offshore fishermen who have ever ventured out into the Gulf--or anywhere else--so that by my first trip offshore, I really knew what to do--not perfectly--not even well, but I caught fish then, and on subsequent trips, none of which I would have successfully hooked and landed without the advice on tackle and techniques I picked up here.

If a novice were to go out and find the first 20 or so posts started by me back in the day, and read the answers, they would have a pretty good version of "Offshore Fishing 101."

I add my congratulations to all the folks who put up this fine website and those who post on it. My only reservation is that I find it hard to respect a web site that hasn't banned me yet. :cool:

Russ

3. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

I find it hard to respect a web site that hasn't banned me yet.

Russ

That can be arranged if it will make you feel better.

No really I feel the same way, there are other jigging sites that are not user friendly, or at least where you feel as welcome.

4. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

I agree

I accidently met Wacker through PM, who introduced me to Bret
    Bret introduced me to his friends, TJ, Rick ...

Kil will sell you rods with free shipping

some very fine folks here

5. Bill Fisher

Bill Fisher Senior Member

what's next?...........

a group hug???!............ :confused:

:D

6. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Bill Fisher

We were thinking more on the lines of you kissing a big slimey grouper.

7. Bill Fisher

woohoo!.......

her's?............

[​IMG]

8. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

The thing I question about this board is allowing Bill Fisher on it. :D

9. Bret

Bret Senior Member

The thing I question about this board is allowing Bill Fisher on it. :D

Well, he is from another country, ya know!! we like to keep the international flair... or is it flare... He thinks everyone north of willacy county is a yankee..

10. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Well, he is from another country, ya know!! we like to keep the international flair... or is it flare... He thinks everyone north of willacy county is a yankee..

Wellllllll, considering the education level there, we'll allow him to stay :D

11. Bill Fisher

12. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

what is this crap? a love-hate relationship!

13. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

what is this crap? a love-hate relationship!

Just friendly insults.... but for Bill Fisher:rolleyes: :D

14. Bill Fisher

i thot it was the annual "All Hail Bill Fisher!" thread again...... (just come early this year)

turns out it was the more often seen, "AW HELL!, Not Bill Fisher again!" thread.... :eek:

(go figger)

my bad

:rolleyes: