360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tenets and Rules of the Forum as requested. Will stay pinned in 360 TUNA Lounge for now until a few adjustments (if needed) are made and then attached to forum heading...Thanks for your patience.

Dale

Forum Tenets
The forum will have a general principle of respect. It provides a resource for you to hang out, chat, have some fun, and talk all things fishing. Don't abuse the privilege and there won't be problems.

That being said, it will not be too uptight. Say "damn it" if you want, say "the fishing wasn't worth a shit." Those are on one side of the line. Calling someone else shithead is on the other side, and if you're right in the head, you know where that line sits. This still allows plenty of room for hearty discourse and even disagreement, and it is hoped that people realize the differences between "that's a stupid statement, and here's why", vs. " and you're stupid."

360Tuna is managed by a few volunteer moderators. Please keep these suggestions in mind when communicating with them. Ninety nine % of the people on the forum will never have problems. The moderators deal with the 1% who cause problems, so the rest of you can enjoy a fairly smooth running forum. Please keep in mind what they do for you when communicating with them. A small degree of respect will go a long way.

Contribute to the forum. Act in a responsible, respectful manner. Display a sense of decency.

Forum Rules
1. No posting of personal attacks against another member, moderator or administrator in any 360Tuna forum.
2. No trolling - Which we define as the posting of inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic posts with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting or deflecting on-topic discussion.
3. No Explicit Sexual Topics or photos, forums are to be considered as 'family content only'
4. No Politics or Religion. The only exception is non-partisan posts when dealing with news or legislation.
5. Differences of opinions are welcome and are an important part of this format. We do not, however, tolerate those that try to start an argument with every post. If you are looking to agitate people, simply to get a response, or if you are a troller, this is not the place for you.
6. Posting of personal messages, in whole or in part, which have been received by you. That includes posting them on other sites without the expressed permission of the sender. We consider Private Messages to be private.
7. Continued posting in a manner that antagonizes other members such as trolling, making posts difficult to read or comprehend, repetitively posting the same thing, or posting in a style that lowers the overall quality of the forum. This determination will be made on a case-by-case basis by the moderators and administrators and is at their sole discretion.
8. Please do not sign up and contribute only to the Buy, Sell, Trade forum. We will consider a minimum amount of posts to allow this.
9. Moderators reserve the right to remove any posts, signatures, or avatars that violate forum rules, that may antagonize other members, or for any other reason they deem appropriate.
10. Taking moderation in your own hands. If you see something posted that you think needs moderating attention please use the "Report This Post" feature, the icon in the corner of all posts but your own, to bring it to a moderator's attention.
11. Attacking or harassing any moderator or administrator on the forum, by PM, in the open forums or via email.
12. Ignoring or arguing with warning posts a moderator or administrator makes in a thread. If you think the warning is unjust please PM them to discuss it.
13. Ignoring or arguing with the actions a moderator or administrator makes in a thread. If you think the action is unjust please PM them to discuss it.

1,701 Posts
#4 no politics. I'm not sure what this means exactly. Seems like a lot of the things we discuss (argue) about involve politics. Particularly gun laws. Does no politics only mean no comments on democrat vs conservative or political candidates? Does it cover gun laws, abortion, legalization of pot? I mean where does it end?

2,339 Posts
That's pretty good Dale and for the short while I've been coming here I have only seen a few instances that weren't within those guidelines. This forum has a bunch of knowledgeable and stand up members and I like that because I learn a lot here.

559 Posts
Very well done and thank you very much.

Especially pleased to see point 1. which will hopefully bring an end to the name calling that goes on here.

Posting a set of rules is good news for the future health of the forum.

619 Posts
With out thinking, making mistakes and whatever else that can be used as an excuse for inadvertant breaking of the rules - I can see that happening from time to time. What is not clear to me, is duration of punishment.

Is everything a lifetime ban, does a mod wake up one day thinking I guess the fella has been punished long enough? If you cant learn a lesson then I'm thinking your going to end up with your wish.

Warnings: cool your jets or your going to take a vacation...

Dale, thanks for posting the rules.

238 Posts
Can I call myself a shithead? I'm pretty that at times it would be the correct description ;)

Good post OP

Jim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.