360 Beer Barn

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Get'n Jiggy, Jan 10, 2014.

1. ernes tynes

ernes tynes Member

estrella galicia 1906 vintage roja.
    "la colorada" .
    grimbergen.

2. Bigcountry1219

Bigcountry1219 Active Member

If anyone is into barrel aged stouts - take a look around for Willetized by Lagunitas. It is out in limited numbers now. Easily ranks up there with Founders KBS and is $12 a sixer. Pretty much unbeatable price point. Won't be around fr long though.

3. Bigcountry1219

Bigcountry1219 Active Member

For IPAs - Trillium takes the cake. If you've never had them and you're in the Boston area, you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't check them out. Very pricey, but worth every penny if you're a beer/hops fan.

For every day drinking - the NE IPA explosion is taking over. Described as juicy, hazy, citrusy, etc. The key to this "new" style is dry hopping after the boil, rather than the typical method of adding hops during the boil. The result is an intense hoppiness for the nose, but less bitterness. Check them out if you have the chance.

lite-liner likes this.
  4. buddyclaude

buddyclaude Senior Member

Santa came late but in time for a reunion of 2 best friends from college visiting next week. 73144E18-7760-4560-872D-7B0518418F68.jpeg These rare beers are way overpriced and well worth it. “If you are only having one beer, make it a $9 dollar one”.

ReelMe likes this.
  5. ReelMe

ReelMe Super Member

Let me know how the coffee stout is, I've wanted to try it but just haven't been able to shell out $36 for a 4pk lol. Plus there are sooo many coffee stouts out, I may have had my fill lol

6. buddyclaude

I drank one of the 'oak aged vanilla' World Wide Stout's last week with my son as we grilled. The deep taste was delightful and unsurpassed as was the buzz from the 16 - 17.5 ABV brew.

The 120 IPA is powerful as well outshining most ipa's I prefer to drink.

It is new to me to buy beer that supposedly gets better if you age it.

7. ReelMe

ReelMe Super Member

A dogfish head oak barrel aged vanilla? Haven't seen it but I steer clear of the barrel aged stuff now. For me, it's too much like drinking straight bourbon lol

8. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

I am definitely NOT a stout guy, but honestly the offerings I have had from dogfish head
    leave me kinda meh.
    Love this IPA revolution, & in particular, the simcoe & citra hops.
    Green Flash west coast DIPA is a good example of that.
    lately I've been loving bombers of Real Ale NOMAD Belgian Imperial ale.

9. buddyclaude

Dogfish makes a 60, 90 and a 120 IPA. The 120 is hard to find and has a wonderful taste. Much better than the Uinta Detour IPA I drink when I can find it. And much better than the 60 or 90.

The vanilla stout is smooth as honey, caramel and molasses with a mead like taste certain to bring a pleasant smile to your lips as it swills down the gullet prior to quenching the fire in my belly. It confirms the Ben Franklin adage that beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy.

get’n jiggy and lite-liner like this.
  10. get’n jiggy

get’n jiggy Active Member

EF0A8A50-2DD1-4BF3-A10A-BD9ACACF6A5E.jpeg Jai Alai... next to a Vegas bomb lol

My neighbor gave this to me.

Not sure about the ipa. The Vegas bomb is awesome :)