360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
2,005 Posts
that's amazing! congratulations! Those are the ones you hand off to someone else at my age and health :) That makes me tired just seeing the size of the tuna LOL!!!

·
980 Posts
You can easily wrestle one like that with 2013 10k Stella or VanStaal loaded with 50#

Rod is Zenaq Fokeeto Bull jigging rod

They catch that fish 10 miles east of Haulover Inlet... awesum fish!
I don't know Red. 10k size reel on a 350 lbs yft? I mean he said it was never past half spool but still, i don't know one who spool their 10k reel with a 100lbs line. BUT, again. my tuna fishing experience is very limited ...so maybe it can be done.

·
313 Posts
I don't know Red. 10k size reel on a 350 lbs yft? I mean he said it was never past half spool but still, i don't know one who spool their 10k reel with a 100lbs line. BUT, again. my tuna fishing experience is very limited ...so maybe it can be done.
We fish for bluefin with Stella's and normally fish 20k with an aftermarket spool for extra line capacity. It will normally take an hour and 5 miles to bring one in...
Gentleman it can be done!

·
313 Posts
How deep are you fishing?
Ask Geebz42... that dude will attempt a super cow on the 10k or VanStaal...

I don't recommend ask the captain these questions.

They usually cranky, look you over with hairy eyeball then next time put you on the boat is full list...
:)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Then again here in Miami there’s not a lot of monster tuna u would have to have ldy luck on your side what would u suggest

·
2,067 Posts
Then again here in Miami there's not a lot of monster tuna u would have to have ldy luck on your side what would u suggest
There are a few things you can try short of a trip to Panama or frittering away cash that could be spent on quality fishing gear. There are monster fish caught out of Miami but you may have to go farther than you normally would.

Using a subscription like Hiltons is a big help and you can call and ask for help in learning how to use the service. I have put a lot of fish in the boat thanks to using Hiltons planning the trips.

You can get to the Bahamas for a weekend of fishing taking the ferry, cost less than getting to Venice La.

You can come to the Gulf Coast and catch charters out to the rigs from Destin Fl, Orange Beach Al, Biloxi Ms and Venice La. January through May are the hot months for three digit fish beingin close at the lump areas.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts