360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His may be a ridiculous question, but…
I’m planning a tuna safari trip, and I was just curious.. do they let you troll for large kings, wahoos, etc.. while moving spots? I was watching aome videos on the Yankee Capts in Key West and they let you do that on that trip. I wasn’t sure if that was unique to them or if party boats on a tuna safari allow you to do that here in Texas.
Thanks in advance for any info!

·
266 Posts
His may be a ridiculous question, but…
I’m planning a tuna safari trip, and I was just curious.. do they let you troll for large kings, wahoos, etc.. while moving spots? I was watching aome videos on the Yankee Capts in Key West and they let you do that on that trip. I wasn’t sure if that was unique to them or if party boats on a tuna safari allow you to do that here in Texas.
Thanks in advance for any info!
yeah, they make about 20 knots while underway, so no.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, they make about 20 knots while underway, so no.
Thank y’all for the responses and info!! Was trying to figure out what all I would need to bring/get and wasn’t sure about a trolling setup. So this helps!

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you want to troll a little you could consider the scat cat out of Port A. I know they used to let people troll as they would get closer to the rig and they would troll during the day after the first night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts