3, almost 4 for 6 today....

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Capt. Dom, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Had Angelo, Justin, and first timer Rob aboard today. Although we saw only one late day surface feed, I managed to put the boat in and around some cooperative fish. Each guy had a turn or two on a fish, Angelo landed 2 by himself and took the season lead in our tourney with 4 fish landed solo this year. He came close to the largest as well with his 65.5 inch fish, that was real long but had no girth so fooled us into thinking he took both categories on the same damn fish before we got a tape on it.... Craig Silva is in second place with 3 fish, but has 2 more intended outings before they disappear, and has a very flexible schedule:rolleyes: Kil is still in the lead with a 66 7/8 inch fish which had a 47.5 inch girth

Justin had his second big bluefin in less than 2 weeks to the boat and at color, but the leader broke and the fish won its freedom, Rob had fish first thing in the morning, but unfortunately the mainline snapped with a bit of rookie nerves kicking in and costing him his prize with leader in hand.:eek: He did a really good job for his first big tuna on the whippy sticks, getting into a bit of a rythm before the fish got nasty a short turn or two away from dying. The fight was pretty brief considering it was his first.

Angelo came tight on his first cast as well, a mysteriously large hit that broke the line instantly?:rolleyes: but all action was done by 10am save for a few maybes later in the day. Not the fall we were hoping for so far, but a real nice day on the water which could have been a real stinker based on the numbers of fish we actually saw signs of. The 3 dollar soft plastic was king today, whether weighted or unweighted, but we had two hits on X-Rap 14's, one of which broke the main line, the other never came tight.

Pics to follow tommorrow, I cant take the time to shrink them down...Does that feature suck for anyone else as much as it does for me? Maybe one of you has some pull with TJ?;)

2. tmack9200

tmack9200 Senior Member

Try uploading your pics to photobucket, that will automatically size your pictures for you, then just copy the IMG code and paste.....

Sounds like a great trip, congrats...

3. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

Sounds like a great day. Mr. Weather Forecaster really blew the forecast.

4. Billiam

Billiam Moderator

[QUOTE
    Pics to follow tommorrow, I cant take the time to shrink them down...Does that feature suck for anyone else as much as it does for me? Maybe one of you has some pull with TJ?;)[/QUOTE]

You can also adjust your mega pixels on your camera, turn it down a notch and it should automatically run within your size range.

5. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Attached Files:

6. John_Madison CT

John_Madison CT Senior Member

7. JFLORES

JFLORES Senior Member

Capt Dom,

Awesome picture's, looked like a lake out there.

8. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

9. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Member

Capt Dom, those are great pics! :) But jeez those forecasters are killing me!!:(

10. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Capt Dom, those are great pics! :) But jeez those forecasters are killing me!!:(

You ain't kiddin' brotha!

11. jig42na

jig42na Spinal Rods

Are you sure you didn't make a wrong turn and go somewhere else. That does not look like the Cape i'm use to fishing!!!
    Nice Job Bro!

12. aruvio

aruvio Banned

ironically the pictures look calm though there was a pretty nice swell around all day. Sweet day Friday, really had a blast fighting those fish which were mean! Hopefully the guy taking some pics from the other boat will get a chance to post one or two. Awesome time, can't wait to do it again!

13. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Beautiful day and fish!!

14. jdl

jdl Member

Awesome day...thanks Dom I had a blast and can't wait to do it again!!!

15. Black Rose

Black Rose Site Sponsor

ironically the pictures look calm though there was a pretty nice swell around all day. Sweet day Friday, really had a blast fighting those fish which were mean! Hopefully the guy taking some pics from the other boat will get a chance to post one or two. Awesome time, can't wait to do it again!

Angelo,

I'll post those photos tonight on my site... I got some really good ones of you railroading that fish. Nice video as well. Some good action shots of that fish coming over the rail. My guys were amazed at you fighting that fish.... And the best line of all time...from my customer....
    "If you say he's (Dom) is as excitable as you are, why don't I hear him yelling "reel, reel, reel!!!!" I'm still laughing at that one!

Rich (on the Black Rose)

16. gman

gman Senior Member

Angelo,

I'll post those photos tonight on my site... I got some really good ones of you railroading that fish. Nice video as well. Some good action shots of that fish coming over the rail. My guys were amazed at you fighting that fish.... And the best line of all time...from my customer....
    "If you say he's (Dom) is as excitable as you are, why don't I hear him yelling "reel, reel, reel!!!!" I'm still laughing at that one!

Rich (on the Black Rose)

Rich great videos BTW that 98" mako was a beast

17. Black Rose

Black Rose Site Sponsor

Best fishing reports on the internet!

Here are some of the photos of Angelo battling that nice fish and Dom hauling it over the rail. If you fish with Dom...make sure he doesn't break his back trying to haul fish over by himself! It was good to see him get help with this fish.

18. Black Rose

Black Rose Site Sponsor

Rich great videos BTW that 98" mako was a beast

Glenn, that fish had nothing in it's stomach. My friend's boat got a mako, male as well, the day before that was 11" longer, but 300 pounds heavier!!! Our fish was big enough for us. I have a block-and-tackle on the boat now because of that fish. It almost crushed us when we hauled it over the rail.

19. Black Rose

Black Rose Site Sponsor

I am trying to post the photos here....Here are two..

Attached Files:

20. gman

gman Senior Member

Glenn, that fish had nothing in it's stomach. My friend's boat got a mako, male as well, the day before that was 11" longer, but 300 pounds heavier!!! Our fish was big enough for us. I have a block-and-tackle on the boat now because of that fish. It almost crushed us when we hauled it over the rail.

Sears fish?? It was a monster but yours is great as well certainly a trophy mako either way. Congrats on a great season as well

Glenn