250+ lb YFT caught

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Minnow, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

John from Panama Sportfishing Lodge called and informed me that he caught few tuna in 70-90lb range and 1 cow over 250lb, and 500 plus pound Black marlin.

picture and video coming soon.

2. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

Wow, that is a huge YFT.. :eek:

3. rtran

rtran Senior Member

4. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

5. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

TUNA!!!TUNA!!!!TUNA!!!! glad to hear that they have finally started to arrive. hopefully they will still be passing through in 2 months when i get my shot at a cow on a spinner. i know it will be physically demanding if hooked properly but a cow on a oti popper would make me a happy camper!!!!!

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I usually discount the weight of tuna by at least 50 lbs if it comes from Panama as they don't weigh fish. :)

Guides of Panama Fishing Lodge found the school of tuna among dolphin a few miles off Hannibal Bank and called other boats of other lodges. They are very cooperate each other.
    John said his guide(Macho ?) asked him what size of tuna he want as Capt could tell the size of tuna by watching dolphin's movement. :eek:
    He said he wants big one as he needed it for pictures and it took only 30 second he got the fish he wanted. :) The fish was caught by a live skipjack, but Sergio lost several nice yft on poppers.
    It seems tuna fishing is finally in full swing just in time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Thats make up pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
    AWESOME FISH.

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

that fish is big. guessing 200lb?

the way the picture is taken is really nice but they give illusion that the fish is bigger sometimes