360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody on this board know anything about the 233 lb YFT that was supposed to have been caught last Sunday out of Fourchon? I saw little bits on the RnR board, but nothing else yet. Just curious as I'll be heading to Venice in two weeks! Was reported to have been caught by Scott Pecue on Chris Moran's boat, (not that I know those folks).

Would like to know more details!

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

·
2 Posts
here is the link http://www.louisianasportsman.com/forum.php?sid=0df420623eee901958c91a07c9216792&sec=forum&act=print&repID=28597

233.25 Yellow fin Tuna caught out of Moran's Belle Pass Marina
It started out as another day blue water trip on the Cajun Venture, but ended up as a day to go in the books. We had 5 Yellow fins, several bull dolphin and black fins. We felt that our day was almost complete. We decided to hit one more spot. 5 minutes after putting the engines in neutral the 3 hour battle began. The first of the 2 to hit the live bait was the 233.25, soon there after we hooked the 170.2. We found ourselves fighting the fish in opposite directions. The bigger of the 2 took the reel to the metal 4 times. After 2.5 hours the smaller fish was finally in the boat. 30 minutes later the bigger fish came up tail-wrapped and dead. At this point what we thought was going to be a good trip turned into the reason why we fish. I only wish my mom was here to see it......Cajun Made Charters 225-931-7306

Entered Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:14:36 -0500

Capt Charles Morgan

A day to remember

Capt Chris Moran

Scott Picou and Tim Godso

·
221 Posts
Believe there is a "Cajun Made" or "Cajun Mad" charters in Port Fouchon run by a Chris Moran.
Could be wrong.
Sure it is a 6 pack charter, no other way to catch fish like that.

·
221 Posts
Oops, See that Tank got details up there first. Should have type everything correctly the first time and not proof read everything.:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts