2015 Stradic Fk tuning upgrade and out of the box servicing.

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by LeoNYC, Aug 30, 2015.

1. FLMedic

FLMedic Member

Kostasmet, Email the guys at smooth drag, they should have the info you need.

2. FLMedic

FLMedic Member

Attached Files:

LeoNYC likes this.

3. LeoNYC

LeoNYC Fishing Guru

nice job !! I like the red JW Votex knob too ! I'll check that tool out as well, good to have

4. FLMedic

FLMedic Member

Thanks, I fish a busy pier down on the gulf coast and want to have something that looks a bit different for easy ID.

I'm planning to push the little FK's limits and try for a decent mackerel. It handled a small bonito well so I think with a spool full of 15lb super slick braid I may be able to catch a king. I'll post up results.

5. LeoNYC

LeoNYC Fishing Guru

I've been using both Power pro slick and Diawa J Braid and I'm leaning more towards the J Braid. Doesn't bleed as much as power pro plus it is really strong and doesn't fray as easy for being a soft braid. Also the 8 strand J braid comes in metered which is really nice too !

6. FLMedic

FLMedic Member

I just ordered a 1500m spool of the 30lb J Braid. That will be enough for my VS150 and my Penn 850SS. (I need 750 yards on the SS for paddle out surf fishing). Thanks for the tip, all in all that's the best deal on good braid I've found.

7. kostasmet

kostasmet New Member

Stradic fk 4000xg Ball Bearing Upgrade....and tuning
    The handle knob bearing is the same 4x7x2.5mm.
    The wormshaft bearing is the same 3x6x2.5mm
    The under the spool drag support bearing is bigger 8x16x5mm
    The original felt drag washers thickness is 0.7mm...just in case if someone wants to buy a carbontex sheet!!!
    Thanks all of you for the info!!!

LeoNYC likes this.
  8. FLMedic

FLMedic Member

I wonder the dimensions of the Pawl Oscillating Bushing is so I can replace that with a bearing. Part #RD16503.

Looks like it's used in the Aussie Ultegra.

9. Axl

Axl New Member

Is the worm bush of the 3000 the same size of the 5000?

10. kostasmet

kostasmet New Member

Stradic FK4000XG Pawl Oscillating Bushing dimension are 2x5x2.5mm

11. blackspool

blackspool Member

Hello thanks for this upgrades but I need information about dimensions of parts worm bushing RD13324 and Handle Knob Bushing RDRD13844 to replace with bearings in stradic fk 2500 ( same model 3000 )
    Regards

12. Mason Morgan

Mason Morgan New Member

The worm bushing is replaced with a bearing thats 3x6x2.5 and the handle knob bushing is replaced with a bearing thats 4x7x2.5
    You can find these bearings at bocabearings.com and just search the sizes and they will all come up.

13. blackspool

blackspool Member

Thank you, I also replace bushing under spool
    Could you say me if these improvements change the reel completely?

14. Mason Morgan

Mason Morgan New Member

Where can I buy the washer for the wormshaft?

15. blackspool

blackspool Member

16. blackspool

blackspool Member

Hello again
    Is it possible to replace part RD 16053 oscillating slider bushing with a bearing? And if it's possible, which is its dimensions (3000 model) ?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  17. gionets

gionets New Member

yes, is possible. The ball bearing dimension is 2x5x2.5 (the same in 5000fk and other) no need shim o other...fit perfectly

blackspool likes this.
  18. blackspool

blackspool Member

thank you, I have added a stainless steel shim 3x6x0.2mm to avoid direct contact of ball bearing 2x5x2.5 with Oscillating Pawl Cover

And finally, I have added other stainless steel shim 3x6x0.2mm between Worm Shaft Retainer and ball bearing also

Now I get 10+1 ball bearings & carbontex drag washers ...thanks for this

Do you know if exist a spool with ball bearing integrated compatible with stradic fk ?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  19. SWF Fisherman

SWF Fisherman New Member

I did the worm bushing RD13324 upgraded to a new Boca 3x6x2.5 ABEC5 bearing with the 3x6x.2mm stainless shim and noticed the worm shaft was not moving freely when the worm shaft retainer RD17222 was screwed down. Are you guys removing the worm shaft washer RD16801?

20. blackspool

blackspool Member

No, I didn´t, but you could try or better idea to buy shim 3x6x0.1 mm