2009 YEAR LONG BFT "INCENTIVES"

Discussion in 'Sponsor Market Place' started by Capt. Dom, May 17, 2009.

1. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

BLUEFIN POPPING AND JIGGING TOURNEY

LARGEST TUNA BY LENGTH CAUGHT ON MY VESSEL WILL WIN AN OTI TUNA SNIPER ROD and AN OTI JIGGING ROD OF THEIR CHOICE, THANKS TO THE GOOD FOLKS AT OTI FOR AN AWESOME PACKAGE!!!, A SELECTION OF PT. JUDE TACKLE CASTING TINS AND JIGS, AND A FULL DAY TUNA TRIP IN 2010 OR A WEEK STAY AT CASA DE SUENOS IN XCALAK MEXICO.CASA DE SUENOS MEXICO HOME PAGE

ANGLER CATCHING THE MOST TUNA THIS SEASON WILL WIN A SELECTION OF OTI OFFSHORE TACKLE, A SELECTION OF PT. JUDE TACKLE CASTING TINS AND JIGS, AND A WEEK STAY AT CASA DE SUENOS MEXICO FOR 2 PEOPLE CASA DE SUENOS HOME PAGE OR A FULL DAY TUNA TRIP.

THIS TOURNEY IS OPEN TO ANYONE FISHING ABOARD COASTAL CHARTERS SPORTFISHING IN 2009. TOURNEY BEGINS JUNE 8TH 2009 AND ENDS WHEN THE LAST BFT IS HUNTED SOMETIME IN NOVEMBER.

I HAVE FISHED CC BAY AND SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND WATERS MY WHOLE LIFE, AND WILL USE THIS HARD EARNED KNOWLEDGE TO PUT YOU ON THE FISH CONSISTENTLY. I PLAN ON IMPROVING ON LAST YEARS SUCCESS, WHICH INCLUDED TWO FISH OVER 72 INCHES, SEVERAL IN THE MID 60 INCH RANGE AND TOO MANY OTHERS TO COUNT, ALL ON SPINNING GEAR . WHY FISH WITH ANYONE ELSE??

View attachment 6885

Attached Files:

2. fishingeek

fishingeek Senior Member

Dom,

I have a 300lb tuna in my sights this year!!! Let's do it BIG!!

3. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Dom, It get me excited just by reading your post. :)
    Bluefin popping is only one month away ! the only reason I don't want to travel elsewhere from late June to Oct is the great bluefin jigging and popping opportunities along with fine canyon tuna jigging in local waters.

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

kil im saving a few days off this year for bluefin. let me know when the bite is hot :)

5. AndyP

AndyP Member

Thanks Dom, sounds like a good contest to me. I am definitely in.

6. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

I set up weekly bluefin popping charters with Capt Dom from June.
    Anyone who travels to Northeast and want to do bluefin popping in Cape Cod Bay, let me know.

7. txseadog

txseadog Moderator

Where's the best place to fly into -- Providence, RI?

8. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

Anyone who travels to Northeast and want to do bluefin popping in Cape Cod Bay, let me know.

I am also interesed in fishing the cape this summer. Let me know

9. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Where's the best place to fly into -- Providence, RI?
    Boston airport.
    Dom usually launch his boat from Green Harbor municipal dock which is less than one hour drive from Boston airport.

10. fishingeek

fishingeek Senior Member

Kilsong,

I would like to fish with you! Have you booked a particular day of the week? When do you plan to go for the first time? Please let me know as I really would love to join you and really like fishing with Capt Dom :)

11. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Kilsong,

I would like to fish with you! Have you booked a particular day of the week? When do you plan to go for the first time? Please let me know as I really would love to join you and really like fishing with Capt Dom :)
    I didn't discuss with Dom in detail, but I am thinking about booking every Friday and make many short notice trips. When I fished squid with Capt Dom out of Pt Judith, RI last night, we talked about exploring farther distance and fishing off Chatham more often this year. I think TJ will fish with Capt Dom in late fall this year as well as caranx.net' Nicolas group from Europe.

I am looking forward to fishing with you soon, Al.

12. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

It should be very interesting this year.....

Landed a 71" fish trolling with the big gear today. Saw a few schools that looked to be about last years average size, perhaps a tad larger but not by much. I will be breaking out the topwater and jigging gear on Sunday....it is on!

13. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

My goal this year is to:

Coordinate 4 bluefin trips, 2 day trips, 2 canyon out of Cape May with Capt. ClarkFish the Cape using poppers with 360guysFilm Bluefin from death roll to gaff, Canon Powershot D10

14. AndyP

AndyP Member

It should be very interesting this year.....

Landed a 71" fish trolling with the big gear today. Saw a few schools that looked to be about last years average size, perhaps a tad larger but not by much. I will be breaking out the topwater and jigging gear on Sunday....it is on!
    Congratulations Dom. Impressive landing that fish with no one else on board to help See you out there Sunday at about sunrise 5:05 a.m. Will be popping and jigging too.

15. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Capt. Dom.
    I'll stay at Hayatt Hotel at Goat Island, Newport, RI sunday night.
    How about squid fishing sunday night or striped bass fishing on Monday morning if you are not chartered. :)

16. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

Kil - when you do these trips through the summer - do you fly up or drive ?

Let me know details, if we fly or drive, etc

17. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

Roger Blethen leads both categories with the first and largest thus far, of many to come.

Largest tuna
    Roger Blethen, 60" 6/10/2009

Most tuna
    Roger Blethen, 1 tuna landed

18. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

One day and its topped.....

Largest Tuna:

Matt Anderson 6/12/2009 63"

Most Tuna:

Tie at 1

19. Capt. Dom

Capt. Dom Site Sponsor

I have some exciting news to convey in regards to the BFT tourney running this whole 2009 season.

Capt. Rich will be joining me in this venture, from Black Rose fishing. We will be working together this year to improve the chances our clients will get to land bluefin this year aboard our vessels. We will be sharing intel on a daily basis both on and off the water, cooperating to better both our catch rates, and to further this new niche fishery of chasing big tuna on light tackle. Rich works hard for his customers, and I am priveleged and excited to be affiliated with this different approach to charter fishing. Rather than compete, we have joined forces and are going to kick some serious tuna butt this year.

The new aspects of the tourney are as such:

Largest fish this year landed on either Coastal or Black Rose will win the OTI package, Pt. Jude lure package, Tattoo's Tackle Sea dogs and Sea pups, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and of course the choice for 1 week stay in Mexico or a tuna trip in 2010 aboard Coastal Charetrs.

The angler landing the most tuna aboard either vessel(or a combination of both) for the entire 2009 season will win the same goodies, and a choice of a week in Mexico or a tuna trip aboard Black Rose in 2010.

Monthly largest fish on either boat will win a lure package.

Angler landing the most tuna in a single trip will win an open boat spot aboard Black Rose in 2010!!
    There may be more goodies as we get further in, we have been offered a few more items, just need to finalize them in the next week or so.

Landed fish are those that the captain obtains the leader and calls the catch valid, as we will obviously be in release mode on alot of these fish this year.

Largest fish by length and girth is what determines criteria. In the event of a tie, the first fish landed by date will get the nod.

This trip is open to anyone fishing aboard Black Rose or Coastal with no added entry fee necessary. You book a trip, you are entered, whether open boat or private.

Now lets get cracking on these prizes guys. As if fishing for tuna with two captains who live and breathe this stuff wasnt enough, you get a chance at some amazing prizes.:cool:

20. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

Hey Dom,

Do you have next saturday open? Ill be up on the cape flukin thurs, friday, might as well do some BFT on Sat and come back to ny. Let me know. Thanks