2000 HP Outboard Boat

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by MrBill, Jan 10, 2007.

1. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Do you think this boat will suck up some Fuel? I'd love to show up in an all outboard tournament with this monster.

Attached Files:

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

That's ridiculous. What is the deal here? Where did you get this photo?

3. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

that's more than likely our tax dollars that are paying for that crap.....rick

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

I wonder if it will plane on just four????LOL>

That thing would make a quick trip to the floaters. Looks like you could put a big fish box on the deck, too.

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

That's ridiculous. What is the deal here? Where did you get this photo?

A friend emailed it to me today. No details on where the photo was taken. I believe it is for real. If you like the old days of "NO" outboard power, take a look at this hand powered clamp on. Weve come a long way.

Attached Files:

6. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

I've been looking at that picture all day and wondering what it's for. Color makes me think military of some sort. Looks like radar on the front. I was thinking oil field, but it doesn't seem to have any kind of towing bits, not alot of seating either. But obviously meant to get wet! Guessing around 18-20ft beam, around 45 ft long. Any chance it might be part RHI?

Interesting boat, if anyone finds out who it belongs to and what it does, please post it.

DBG

7. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

SEAL recovery boat

8. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Guest

That boat was designed for one purpose. Get there fast and return in any sea condition. I doubt the boat has much of a range assuming it burns about 200 gallons per hour. I would guess about a 1000 gallon fuel tank. That's about 5 hours running time.

Probably owned by NASA, Military, or an energy company. Not intended to fish, haul, or pull. That sucker is made for hauling either a few people or very expensive parts. Most probably a rescue boat. All I know is I would sure like to take it out for a spin. I would guess it tops out around 70 knots. Probably looks like a huge flounder skipping on the water.

9. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

why not inboards?

10. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

why not inboards?

because it's our tax paying dollars and the government is not into saving the tax payers dollars only finding ways to waste them....rick

11. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

haha ok, ill take that as a reasonable answer.

12. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

they willl be govt related now... LOL!!! Govt seizures for their own personal use... lol... that would be a sweet ride for a boatload full of NAVY SEALS.