360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have 1 spot for a two and half day charter with Capt. John of procrastinator charter in NC.
We have been doing trips like this for the past 3 years, unfortunately, one of the guys can't make it this year. Only 4 people on the boat, you will have plenty of space to fish.

Here is the itinerary:
Fri. 10/4 & Sat. 10/5: Full day offshore, jigging and bottom fishing for AJs, groupers, snappers and anything else we encounter in the offshore water.
Sun. 10/6: half day inshore trip casting for mackerels.

Cost:
Charter cost: $1,200 X 2 days, plus $500 for day 3 = 2900 + 20% gratitude for Capt. John
Total: $3,480/4=$870

Lodging: Air bnb, whole house, 1.2 miles from the dock, you will have your own room. Beautiful backyard, we will do a barbecue after first day of fishing. $80 per night.

The three of us will be driving down to NC from NYC on Thur. 10/3, if you are in the great NY region or on the way from NY to NC, we can car pool. All cost will be shared.
Feel free to send me a PM with questions if you are interested.

Please note that this is a package deal, if you would like to join us, you will need to join us for all 3 days of fishing as well as the air bnb.

Mark

·
72 Posts
Are you bringing our own equipment or using his? I live on L.I. may be able to get off. When are you leaving. I think it takes around 10-11 hours to drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joe,

We will bring our own tackle. Capt. John has decent stuff on his boat if you need, he has centaur rods I believe, he is sponsored by them. Not sure about reels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first day was pretty nice, we went offshore and had a lot of action on jacks, Spanish macks, b liners and a couple nice blackfin too. On the way home, a cold front came in and it go really rough, the 2nd day was blowing really hard, we couldn't make it offshore and tried to find some redfish and trout inshore in the morning and got skunked.
It kinda sucked but nobody can control the weather.:(
We will be back next year in May.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts