1st time jigging

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by swsteven, Jul 26, 2009.

1. swsteven

swsteven Member

hey guys im a new member ,
    ive been looking up on jigging for a lil while and finally decided to try it out on last weeks trip, boy o boy was i hooked lol, i didnt know it could do a number on your arm ,but i couldnt help my self i was getting fish on ,on every other drop, i caught a 30 pound aj and 2 20pounders ,a small mahi mahi, couple bonitas,couple small yellowtail, a 30 pound red snapper and a shit load of blue fish, im looking foward to learning alot more things threw u guys now

2. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

where were you fishing? nice mixed bag you had there :)

3. swsteven

swsteven Member

well went out from freeport and headed i think about 80miles out ,fished near sunrise rig

4. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

5. swsteven

swsteven Member

o so your from pearland ,thats down the street ,im from houston

6. swsteven

swsteven Member

gmans aj made my aj look like a baby lol

7. swsteven

swsteven Member

so what do u guys think about the oti g3 400g, i just ordered mine like 2 days ago from directtackle, i used 1 last week from a buddy and i loved it

8. swsteven

swsteven Member

hey bao do u know a guy name kobe ? because when i was talking to him ,he mentioned a guy name bao saying hes a hard core jigger

9. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

hey guys im a new member ,
    ive been looking up on jigging for a lil while and finally decided to try it out on last weeks trip, boy o boy was i hooked lol, i didnt know it could do a number on your arm ,but i couldnt help my self i was getting fish on ,on every other drop, i caught a 30 pound aj and 2 20pounders ,a small mahi mahi, couple bonitas,couple small yellowtail, a 30 pound red snapper and a shit load of blue fish, im looking foward to learning alot more things threw u guys now

Hey Steven, those things we were catchin' were not blue fish, lol, they were hardtail jacks. I think your yellowtails are rainbow runners rather, great eating fish. We bagged all kinds of crap that day tho, pretty fun although the groupers didn't wanna come out to play... :(

10. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

Did you mean Covi? He's a good friend of mine. We've fished together out of Freeport before.

The new G3 400g. is great. We just came back from the Scat Cat trip and I got to hook up on some fat BFT with the rod. Did you get a spinner or conventional?

11. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

Hey Steven, those things we were catchin' were not blue fish, lol, they were hardtail jacks. I think your yellowtails are rainbow runners rather, great eating fish. We bagged all kinds of crap that day tho, pretty fun although the groupers didn't wanna come out to play... :(

You're right Han. Yellowtail are on the west coast.

12. swsteven

swsteven Member

not yellow tail tuna, han u right rainbow runners

13. swsteven

swsteven Member

i just call them yellow tail cause of the tail i didnt know what they were lol

14. swsteven

swsteven Member

han is awesome fishermen ,bastard has everything imaginable

15. swsteven

swsteven Member

spinner ,just a stella8000fa

16. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Welcome to the madness that will cost you plenty and then some. It is awesome for sure.

17. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

Hey Steven welcome on board! Are you the ones who caught the warsaw grouper on captain Christ trip. I'm Kevin...

18. BAOSABI

BAOSABI Senior Member

spinner ,just a stella8000fa

That's a perfect combo. Now time to eat a little less so you can buy more tackle.

Don't listen to Han and Covi. They're both super tackle whores. The money pit will never end. :D

19. lordhell

lordhell Moderator

That's a perfect combo. Now time to eat a little less so you can buy more tackle.

Don't listen to Han and Covi. They're both super tackle whores. The money pit will never end. :D

lol, Bao, you're on your way there dude... just a little more nudging... :D

20. swsteven

swsteven Member

hey wuts up kevin lol ur on here too ,yea im da one that caught that grouper on chris boat