170# Bluefin Constitution 1.5 day!!!

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Stryper, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Stryper

Stryper Senior Member

Just returned from a 1.5 day trip on the Constitution out of SD. Where after stopping on a kelp paddy we realized one angler was still hooked up and almost spooled. So Capt. Joe philips made the decision to move the boat a little.
    After about 45 min. and 3-4 little course changes we stuck the fishy below. And Tran was on 30# on a little Diawa.:)

Sorry no photos, your thing is too small they can be seen on BD's front page or on 2cool in the reports section.

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

someone on bloody decks says it might have been caught on a stella. hope thats true, maybe more west coast guys will see the light. lol

3. Stryper

Stryper Senior Member

someone on bloody decks says it might have been caught on a stella. hope thats true, maybe more west coast guys will see the light. lol

Thats funny, it was caught on a little Diawa conventional. Not that we don't like spinners (well some of us) I may get one to take to Lupe' and try. Its just most of us use live bait and those throwing jigs know how to cast.:)

4. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

Does anyones here have a "little Diawa conventional" forsale? j/k

5. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Very impressive for SD waters!
    Congrats to the lucky angler!

6. dan1

dan1 Senior Member

I've seen the light but I can't afford it.