157 lb. tuna from kayak

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Albiemanmike, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

2. d-a

d-a Senior Member

I wonder if he had his HMS permit?:eek:

d-a

3. Grandpa21

Grandpa21 Senior Member

Siiiiiiiick. One thing that is on my list to do before I die!

4. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

That's hot sh!t! I've got a Cobra Fish-n-Dive and have been wanting to attempt something like this for a couple years. I could do it since I work a couple hours from Venice, LA. Just got to pick the right time and get a good guide!

5. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

I wonder if he had his HMS permit?:eek:

d-a

Yeah, no kidding. If he registered that kayak for the HMS permit, I wonder what he put for displacement tonnage.

6. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

7. DoubleA

DoubleA Senior Member

those kayak guys are all crazy - we have guys that catch reds and cobia down here that weight as much as the damn kayaks! has to be so cool to be being pulled around by a fish though - my problem with the kayaks, what they hell do you do with the fish once you get it to the kayak....

8. Grandpa21

Grandpa21 Senior Member

those kayak guys are all crazy - we have guys that catch reds and cobia down here that weight as much as the damn kayaks! has to be so cool to be being pulled around by a fish though - my problem with the kayaks, what they hell do you do with the fish once you get it to the kayak....

Kinda like this?

Kayak Kevin, Kayak Fishing Chesapeake Bay, Kayak Touring on the ICW, Kayak Fishing Photography

I think most kayak anglers going for LARGE fish around here are in it for the sport and practice C&R. It's just another vehicle to feed the addiction!

9. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

ive caught many fish up to 40 pounds on my Wilderness systems tarpon 120 but never anything like that. I have seen some monster sharks near those big tunas. im all set with that action. having a bleeding tuna in shark waters inst my idea of fun. that takes some balls. very cool!

10. red34

red34 Guest