14 Point Sonora Buck

Discussion in 'HUNTING' started by MrBill, Nov 10, 2008.

1. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

This one friend of mine has been hunting near Sonora on the same property for twenty six years. This is the biggest deer they have ever taken. It was shot this past Saturday. The B&C score is 157.25. That's a monster for that area of the state. He was very excited. Now that he's shot this buck, he says hes ready to return to the coast for some tuna.:)

Attached Files:

2. Earl

Earl Senior Member

man that is a beautiful buck. Lots of mass and a really interesting rack. Earl

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Wow, Crazy double main beam.... Thanks..

4. jt2hunt

jt2hunt Senior Member

what is the age on that deer? thanks, cool split

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

what is the age on that deer? thanks, cool split

I'll find out tomorrow. I'm also curious about the dressed weight. It looks to be about 135 which is big for that county. I've hunted with him about 10 times on that property. They had a bad anthrax problem a couple of years ago. It killed about 50% of the deer population.

6. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

Best of both worlds,
    Big typical on one side and twin beam on the Left.

Holy smokes.....
    A little drop tine would please me.. But a whole third beam....

That aint fair.

Nice Throphy

Kev

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Fishhead,

I normally don't tell stories about myself, but one time I was at this above ranch and something strange happened. They had a pen full of ostriches. There must have been at least a hundred of those big birds in that pen.

We stopped to look at them. The fence was about ten feet tall. Those are big birds. I was asked if I wanted to go inside and pet them. I'm no fool. The conversation then changed to how much I would get per minute in the pen.

Let me tell you, those Ostriches use their feet.:eek: They can kick you in the chest and knock you backwards. It's even worse when about ten of them are attacking you. I was to receive $40 a minute for every minute I remained in the pen. I got the living crap knocked out of me by those ostriches.:mad: I did however kill one. One was pecking at me after I had been knocked to the ground. I got a hold around his neck with my right hand and pulled myself up. As I was getting up, another bird kicked me in the back. That made me go forward and I snapped the Ostriches neck. :eek:

That bird went about ten times as crazy and a chicken with his head pulled off. My clothes were torn, I was all bruised up and stayed in the pen for six minutes. The big surprise came when I asked for my money for getting beat up. I was told that the birds were worth $500 each. So, I negotiated. :D I told them the entertainment value of watching me in that pen was well worth $500. They agreed and we ate the Ostrich the next night.

Very good table fare. Very lean and light pink in color. One the best pieces of meat I have ever put in my mouth.

8. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

One was pecking at me after I had been knocked to the ground. I got a hold around his neck with my right hand and pulled myself up. As I was getting up, another bird kicked me in the back. That made me go forward and I snapped the Ostriches neck. :eek:

LOL ... I hate it when that happens.

9. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

As I said, Holy Smokes!!!

In the 70's I chased some Hippie gals that had horses, several famlies and
    several pens. Climbed some in the dark (horses) bare back and got
    thrown big time...

Still nice buck and bird experience..
    Thanks for shareing.

Kev

10. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

LOL ... I hate it when that happens.

I was set up. Guess who was behind the whole get in the Ostrich pen idea. GS wasn't even there. He's friends with the guy and he made a bet that I wouldn't get in the pen unless I was paid. He made money on my getting my arse kicked.

What really set the birds off was after I entered the pen, they tossed in a bunch of corn all around me. That set off a Ostrich panic feeding attach. I was in the middle of that feeding frenzy.:eek:

Those birds are about 8 feet tall.:eek: They weight about 250 pounds and are very mean. It wasn't as fun as I expected. I was fighting for my life.:eek:

11. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Yep....you should never play with ostriches....they are mean mothers.

12. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Yeah, I saw someone get their ass handed to them by an ostrich on Tv..dont think I would want to try it... Too funny. did anyone get any video of your ostrich wrestling??

13. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Just found out that the deer dressed out at 128lbs. It was an old sucker. Five and a half years old. They saw it two years ago and noticed the second beam forming. Never saw it last year or on the previous four weekends.

Thank God, no video of the Ostrich battle.:)