13' Whaler Vs. 66" Tuna

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Tattoo's Tackle, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Tattoo's Tackle

Tattoo's Tackle Junior member

Not sure I'd be game to do this myself, but the guy is young, and we have all done stupid things when we were young.

Here is his email, along with the photos he sent.

"Mike and Company:
    I knew that this story required to write a testimonial. Just one week after landing a 77", 300 pound tuna on your Sea Pup my cousin and I embarked on a mission to put one of these beasts in my 13 foot Boston Whaler! Soon after setting out we found fish and first cast with your your Sea Pup and it was game on. With the boat getting towed 3 mph into the wind by a 66" bluefin with a pearl pup in its jaws there was no doubt in my mind that your lures are the best to have walked the surface of the water. From that deafening strike to the immense runs it is clear that no fish is safe if you are using tattoo's tackle on big tuna. It is all thanks to tattoo's tackle that we were able to put a big tuna in a small boat this week. No matter what size boat your in, or what your fishing for do not go out without these lures, you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Mike and tattoo's tackle for a truly rememberable outing that will never be forgotten"

Attached Files:

2. pametfisher

pametfisher Senior Member

Not sure I'd be game to do this myself, but the guy is young, and we have all done stupid things when we were young.

Here is his email, along with the photos he sent.

"Mike and Company:
    I knew that this story required to write a testimonial. Just one week after landing a 77", 300 pound tuna on your Sea Pup my cousin and I embarked on a mission to put one of these beasts in my 13 foot Boston Whaler! Soon after setting out we found fish and first cast with your your Sea Pup and it was game on. With the boat getting towed 3 mph into the wind by a 66" bluefin with a pearl pup in its jaws there was no doubt in my mind that your lures are the best to have walked the surface of the water. From that deafening strike to the immense runs it is clear that no fish is safe if you are using tattoo's tackle on big tuna. It is all thanks to tattoo's tackle that we were able to put a big tuna in a small boat this week. No matter what size boat your in, or what your fishing for do not go out without these lures, you will not be disappointed. Thanks again Mike and tattoo's tackle for a truly rememberable outing that will never be forgotten"

Great story!

3. AndyP

AndyP Member

Thanks for the post Mike. Serves notice on the guys in their Regulator's and Cabos trolling around all day long. What kind of rod/reel did he use to put the Pup out?

4. YMMV

YMMV Senior Member

Wow!

I wonder how far he went out in that thing.

5. hatidua

hatidua Senior Member

Do a little search on floridasportsman for the kid that put a swordfish in his 12' tin jonboat - as if it were just another dark night fishing out in the shipping lanes in a little tin boat. That tuna is impressive but check out that swordfish thread ;)

6. calebw

calebw Member

I am young and dumb :D 13ft whaler 66" tuna, WTG guys

7. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Pick your days, be smart! All the boat has to do is float right??? Great story wish I had those opportunities when I was young dumb and full of .........

8. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Member

Mike, don't sell yourself short. You're still full of...;) :p :D

9. Albiemanmike

Albiemanmike Senior Member

Mike, don't sell yourself short. You're still full of...;) :p :D

You funny guy!:rolleyes:

10. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Pick your days, be smart! All the boat has to do is float right??? Great story wish I had those opportunities when I was young dumb and full of .........

Floating isn't all the boat needs to do.

NEWS FROM AROUND THE CAPE - And in the what-the-hell-were-they-thinking? category a Marshfield couple were trying to bring a tuna on board their 23-foot SeaCraft when the boat capsized, tossing them into the ocean. They spent two hours in the water without life jackets, according to a press release from the Coast Guard before being spotted by a passing vessel, the Miracle II, who's crew pulled the pair out of the water. Takes a lot to capsize a 23-foot Sea Craft but somehow these two managed it, and lucky they were that somebody came by and could pick them up. It’s not exactly Times Square out there where they were fishing some 10 miles north of Provincetown

d-a