360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
1,714 Posts
What part of the fish did you eat? From what I remember if you eat the tail sections you have a better chance of a full night of sleep...
I cooked a 5.5oz portion from the thickest part of the filet. I had no "discomfort" at all. :)

The fish was extremely moist and tasty. Will definitely have more.

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Fred .... I have a request. The next time you hand off two Yellowfin to me at 4:00 - 5:00 AM could you pick 50 - 60 pounders and not 100+ pounders? When you reach the age of 77 you'll know why :/
I was SURE that second one was a 50 lber. Then she woke up after feeling you on the rod.

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Triple threat tonight. Red snapper, rainbow runner, and escolar. First time for escolar, kept it under 6oz. We’ll see if what they say is true…🤣 View attachment 120805
View attachment 120806
there are two species of escolar, looking quite similar, but one has tuna like finlets, the one without you prepare for with a few books and a flat of water bottles in the bathroom.

·
1,714 Posts
there are two species of escolar, looking quite similar, but one has tuna like finlets, the one without you prepare for with a few books and a flat of water bottles in the bathroom.
Thanks. This one definitely had the finlets.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts