10/4 Topwater AJ's (PICS)

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by Jesse Lockowitz, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Jesse Lockowitz

Jesse Lockowitz Member

Well, figured this would be a good post for my first one on this site, some of you prlly know me either personally, or from other sites..

was slick on saturday and we battled the horendous seas in our arduous 4 mile trip to the first arti reef...:p

didnt have my jigging gear with me, but had a few poppers in my bag, we were planning on fishing for kings, but the water was too nice and the aj's were way to generous...

water was only 55-58' the whole time, was fun having 5-10 fish going crazy on top...

we had some bottom out a 35lb boga style gripper, and i got my arse handed to me a couple times by bigger fish, as i was severly outgunned with my light live-lining setup. anyway, heres some pics.

no monsters, but helllllla fun on lighter gear, tryin to keep them from goin down and cuttin me off..and id rather take 1 aj on a topwater, then 5 down deep

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

:) Horrenous seas for 4 miles!:)

That sounds like a ton of fun. Great first post!

3. feeder

feeder Senior Member

AJs on topwater, nice.

Welcome.

4. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

Rock on Jesse!!! Nice job.

5. JerseyBrian

JerseyBrian Senior Member

Great first report Jesse and Welcome to 360tuna! Gotta love them topwater AJs

6. njnicka

njnicka Senior Member

Nice job, Glen had one on topwater in NC but got broke off on a wreck, I would love to spend more time doing that.

7. Jesse Lockowitz

Jesse Lockowitz Member

Nice job, Glen had one on topwater in NC but got broke off on a wreck, I would love to spend more time doing that.

yeah its nice, specially when you only have to run 14 mile ROUND TRIP :D

and since they are in such shallow water, they follow eachother up like crazy..i was the only one on the boat throwing topwater, but if u had say, 3-4 guys all throwing topwater, it would be NUTS

Jesse