07 liberty of 06 xterra

Discussion in 'Automobiles' started by carlosburitica, Jan 4, 2013.

nissan xterra or jeep liberty

1. nissan xterra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. jeep liberty

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. carlosburitica

carlosburitica Senior Member

i am in the process or buying an offroad toy and have narrowed to this two cars.
    need a light 4x4, no more than 4.0 engine

here in florida we don't really need the power of a big v8 for offroading. i will basically suing the car for my hunting adventures in the swampy florida. so tires and a locking differential (plenty or aftermarket options) are my main concern.

the wranglers are out my budget, i need a car that can also drive few times a week, and don't want to make payments, want to stay on the 8-10k range

i used to play with the grand Cherokees and they are cheap (2-3k for a clean late 90's) but waste a lot of gas.

so what are your opinions

xterra or liberty

2. BFTMASTER

BFTMASTER Senior Member

Niece has a liberty and it seems to get great MPG. Upgrade the tires and your done.

3. carlosburitica

I plan to lift 2.5" and bg mud terrains. and a rear locking diff... ( needed in the mud) and also a snorkel...

4. Get'n Jiggy

Get'n Jiggy Ultimate Warrior

xterra are nice my buddy has one and it holds alot of gear. not on your list but i like the FJ's too :D

5. carlosburitica

xterra are nice my buddy has one and it holds alot of gear. not on your list but i like the FJ's too :D

i will welcome your post number 1000......................

fj is the dream...... but to reach that car i need to get a loan and don't really feel like putting 18k plus upgrades in a car that is going to get trashed wile hunting, fishing a muding...